Thursday, June 6, 2013

Guest Post - Emily from Taylor & Landon

I'm luck enough to have some talented friends - and Emily, the brains and talent behind Taylor & Landon, is one of them!  Emily blogs here, where she shares her love of fashion and Southern cooking.  She is here to share a delcious recipe with us.  Take it away, Emily!
 


Hello everyone!  Ayelet has asked me to guest post on her blog (how could I say no to such a sweet, creative woman?)

Here's a little about me:  
My name is Emily Hopkins and I grew up in the south (North Carolina to be exact).  I moved to Texas in 8th grade.  There I stayed for the next 18 years.  I met my husband and started my family.  A couple years ago we made the move to Seattle.  It's been a huge adjustment, but we're making it work.

I was a full time working mom in Texas.  When I moved to Seattle I was able to stay home with my kidlets (one major reason we made the move.)  But I felt I still needed a separate identity from "mom."  So I started my company Taylor & Landon.  I love to sew and have been doing it since I can remember.  I sell accessories, handbags, and custom window treatments.  But I also make all my own costumes and vintage style clothing.

My blog pretty much consists of fashion, food, and sewing.

For you today I'm going to share my recipe for King Ranch Chicken.  I miss Tex-Mex and am always trying to recreate foods I loved to eat.  Here is another tex-mex favorite: creamy jalapeno ranch dressing.

Ingredients:
1-10.5oz Can of cream of chicken soup
1-10.5oz Can of cream of mushroom soup
1-10oz can diced tomatoes with chilis (Rotel)
12 corn tortillas
3 cups cooked/shredded chicken (about 3 breasts)
1 chopped onion
3 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
1 Tbs butter
 
Directions:
To get your shredded chicken, use a crockpot and cook your chicken completely covered with water on high for about 6-8 hours.  Use 2 forks to separate the chicken (it should just fall apart).
Preheat you over to 350F.
Now saute the onion in the butter in a very large pan on medium until it sweats (looks glossy)
Add the shredded chicken and can of tomatoes/chilis to the onions and cook about 3 minutes on medium.
Combine the soups to the chicken mixture.
Tear 4 of the tortillas into bit-sized pieces and layer into a 9"x13" casserole dish.
Now layer 1/3 of the soup mixture on top.
Last portion of the layer is 1 cup of cheese.
Continue with the tortillas, soup, and cheese 2 more times.

Bake the casserole at 350F for 30-40 min. And enjoy!

 
Well, my mouth is waterning!  Be sure to check out Emily's blog and show her some love, and if you are in the market for some gorgeous handmade bags and accessories, be sure to check out her shop, Taylor & Landon.  Thanks for stopping by, Emily!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, looks yum! Will definitely have to make sometime. We just moved to the East Coast from Texas, we were only in Texas for 3 1/2 years... but it stole our hearts! Definitely miss the food! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete